Monday, January 12, 2009

Resolutions

Ugh! I hate making New Year's Resolutions, but I'm thinking that if I don't actually do it and put it in print, then it won't get done. And I'm thinking my resolutions have to get done this year. I'll keep them short and sweet.

I got fat last year - not an exaggeration - I weigh 30 pounds more than I did when I was nine months pregnant with any of my kids. My BMI (body mass index) is 32, obese any way you look at it. So, of course I have to lose weight. How am I going to do it? The how makes up my resolutions.

  • For every can of Coke I drink (no way in hell am I giving up my Coke), I must also drink 32 ounces of "alternate" fluids - water, decaf tea, etc.
  • Stop eating when I'm full - this is the hardest for me because Jay's such an amazing cook.
  • Eat smaller meals more frequently; don't let myself get hungry.
  • Do some form of physical activity at least three times a week (no, sex doesn't count - damn).

I'm hoping to be able to lose at least some weight with just these lifestyle changes; it will be easier to follow once I start seeing the results!

Wish me luck!

No comments: