Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Cranky Bitch Is Home...

...finally.  I've definitely become more of a homebody and any stretch away from home brings out my inner cranky bitch (as opposed to the outer cranky bitch who is always present).

I was starting to feel my inner cranky bitch slipping back into her hiding place as I got closer to home.

I could almost feel myself stretched out on the couch.

I could feel my eyes getting heavy in anticipation of my nap.

As I approached my street I noticed a "Road Closed" sign.

I turned the corner, slipped around the sign and saw this...
Right the fuck in front of my house.

There is no place to park in front of the house now.  My entire front yard is blocked by whatever the hell it is they're doing.

Inner cranky bitch lost her damned mind.

I parked in front of my neighbor's house, slammed some things around and flopped on the couch.

Four hours later, I've corralled inner cranky bitch and am starting to feel human.  I'll be back to my (semi) regular posting as soon as I've wrangled her back under control.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting close to that point, I was messing with my yearlings this evening and the stubborn one was being especially stubborn. I have no patience left for anyone or anything...

Allenspark Lodge said...

The good thing about having the construction RIGHT IN FRONT of your house, is you can almost get home from either direction...

Bill

Terry Odell said...

I made it home without incident, in plenty of time for our normal Sunday trek down to McGinty's.

Great seeing you again, and you're on my blog today!

Terry
Terry's Place
Romance with a Twist--of Mystery