Sunday, February 28, 2021

It's Getting Real

I've been working pretty steadily on Skeeter's cosplay for the last few weeks, but it didn't seem real until my patterns came in. I don't know what about seeing the patterns for my cosplays is so anxiety-inducing, but suddenly I felt the stress of pulling off my 50th birthday photoshoot.


Both patterns will need to altered significantly, and I can't really work on either of them until May once I've lost a few more pounds. The last thing I want to do is work on all those alterations of the pattern, just to have to make more adjustments at the last minute.

The pattern on the left will be altered to be a split riding skirt, so I don't have to hike up the dress to ride my Skeeter-sus. The pattern on the right will remain similar, but will be altered to look more like General Antiope's armor.


Oy, this project scares me. I'm cranking along on Skeeter's armor, but the thought of making my own is scary chit.

1 comment:

Allenspark Lodge said...

Maybe a certain family member could be of help?