Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I Swear I'm Developing PTSD


We've got three, count 'em, THREE big fires burning right now.  All of them started today.  The late snow we got last month only delayed the onset of fire season by a couple of weeks.  Once Upon an Equine is uncomfortably close to the fire, let's hope the winds stay in her favor.

I tell you, I think we need to change our tourism tactic.  Let's come up with a new motto.  Something like, "Come to Colorado and watch it burn!".  Catchy, no?

And to think that just this week, I was marveling at our lovely weather and the fact that the farmers had already started their first cuts a couple of weeks early.  I was so happy to see that the hay prices were coming down and it looked like things were looking up due to our late snows.

But the snows might have been too little, too late.  At least for some parts of the state.

If you could, send up a prayer for the families who are impacted by the fires and prayers to keep our fire crews safe.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well crud, I was hoping it wasn't going to be another year of smoke and fire all summer.
Many prayers going out to all who are affected.