Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Changes

Posting has been sporadic at best over here.  Yikes.  Sorry.

Lots of things are happening (or have happened).  I finally adopted a new horse, Skeeter Bang, from the BLM.  You can read all about the horse thing if you want over at Tales from the Trail.

Jay just turned the big four-oh, and we celebrated our fifth anniversary.

Monster turns 19 on Friday.  My baby is turning 19.  Wow.  It's hard to wrap my head around that one.

In June, I start working toward my M.B.A.  Like I need one more thing on my plate, but if I want to advance at work, I must have a Master's degree, so off I go.  I chose the perfect time to start it, too, as we're in the middle of a corporate-wide massive changeover of student databases and learning management systems.  Well, there's no time like the present, I suppose.  I'll never get finished if I don't get started, right?

Also, today, Jay and I decided we're going to move.  Our lease on the apartment is up at the end of July and we love our apartment, but we have the opportunity to move into a house on the same property Skeeter is on.  Imagine, being able to look out a window and see my horse, not have to drive to see her.  It's not far, only about five minutes from our apartment, but still ... I'm pretty excited to be just steps from where she is.  Aaaannnnddd, it means that Allie-bird can move back in with us.  Our apartment is pet-free, so she had to go live with Jay's parents, but with the little house, she can come home with us.

I've got lots of ideas floating around in my little brain about my next book, but Lord knows when I'll have time to actually sit down and write.  Jay and I do have a book sale and signing coming up in June, so maybe Momma will earn some hay money :)

There are lots of things going on, but all of the changes are for the better and I'm very excited about what the future holds!

1 comment:

Allenspark Lodge said...

You are so lucky to be able to live with your horse.

Poor Juanita just lives with a jackass.

B