Friday, August 9, 2019

GISH #111

The last GISH task I participated in was a collaborative one with other local GISHers.


This challenge hadn't really been on my radar, until someone posted about it in the Colorado GISH chat. I thought it would be a great way to meet other GISHers in person, and who doesn't have stuff they need to get rid of?  I'd rather give it away in person than drop it off at ARC or Goodwill. Remember the doll from the tourniquet video? She found a new home thanks to the Community Bazaar.

One of the other local GISHers took charge of planning it, and gave each of us a task. Mine was to find a location. Since I live out in the boonies, and most people were wanting to do something in the Fort Collins area, I voluntold the kids that we'd be using their driveway for our GISH Community Bazaar.

Bright and early this morning, I loaded up and headed to the kids' to get set up. We needed at least 6 total GISHers, and until they all showed up, we weren't certain we'd make the required number, but we did! Hallelujah!


Former strangers, we all bonded very quickly and found several things in common with each other (besides living locally). In fact, our first customer of the day commented on the fact that we seemed close and must have a connection. The look on his face when we told him we'd just met that morning was picture-worthy. I guess just having a common interest - GISH - was enough.

We didn't have the greatest location, as the kids' live in north Fort Collins, but we had a couple of customers who couldn't believe that we were just giving stuff away. Our second customer was an older gentleman who "paid" us with a whole rash of Dad Jokes. We spent a lot of time laughing with him, but of course I now can't remember a single joke. I should have written them down!

It was hot, and we were tired by the end of our Bazaar, which is why we all look like whipped puppies in our last picture.


We exchanged numbers and promised to keep in touch, as one does. But I'd be on a team with these folks any time. If I can't get my family talked into GISHing with me next year, these are the people I'll GISH with.

No comments: