Sunday, October 4, 2009

Killing Zombies - What a Great Day!

Today was the first Defensive Pistol Match (NCRGC) I've been to since June or July last year, right after Jay and I got engaged.  It was awesome!

Last night, Ash and I had a good mother-daughter bonding moment when she came up to my room to help me load up my magazines.  Not quite the typical mother-daughter bonding moment, but special to me at least.  I love that my kids are also interested in shooting.

I recently got my Para LTC back.  I had to sell it a couple of years ago, but the gentleman who bought it told me that if I ever wanted it back, he'd sell it back to me.  So, lucky me, I got it back.  I picked it up on Friday and fondled it a lot over the weekend.  It felt wonderful to shoot it again.  I ran into a couple of snags, but they were my fault, I'm sure.  My hands and forearms aren't nearly as strong as they were when I was shooting all the time and I limp-wristed it a couple of times, causing a mis-feed or two.  No big deal.  Despite the cold weather and mist, I had a grin ear-to-ear.  Nothing better than killing Zombies on a Sunday!

Have lots of video, but since I've "upgraded" to the "easy-to-use" blogger I've lost my ability to upload video.  WTH?  But that's a blog for another day.  Just know it was AWESOME!

3 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

Mother/daughter bonding moment preparing the guns to kill zombies. SCREENPLAY!
Bill

Anonymous said...

sweet! nothing like putting a few rounds down range.

GunDiva said...

Well, we did have another mother-daughter bonding moment earlier in the week when we were watching "Toddlers and Tiaras"...should I be worried that I'm raising the next GracieLou Freebush?