Friday, October 16, 2009

Overnight Gender Re-assignment

My wonderful, amazing Ed Assistant, Amanda, always tells me, "you're such a boy," when I talk about going off-roading with Jay or going shooting or going to the XRRA championship.  Guess she's more right than she thought.

This virus (I'm refusing to call it the flu, my rapid test came back negative) has absolutely turned me into the stereotypical sick male.  I'm whiny, demanding, and an all-around pain in the butt.  God help the child that does not ask how high to jump when I suddenly need something.  After all, I gave them life.  The least they can do is bring me Sprite, snot rags, and munchies while I'm lying on my death bed.  Right?  At least I'm not asking them to massage my feet or give me bed baths.  All I want is to be left alone (until I summon them), peace and quiet (like that will ever happen), and a little sympathy.  Is that too much to ask?

I'm pretty sure that they're organizing a coup and I'll be left to die by my lonesome, pooled in my own fever sweat, begging until my voice gives out for snot rags or Sprite.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha.

awww... i am the same way when i am sick....

i am like a tom boy girl trapped in a mans body lol.

GunDiva said...

You're just the male me :) Well, you may be just a little more sensitive and emotional. I really am quite a bitch sometimes, just ask my family. Though they'll tell you I've gotten soft since I fell in love and got married.

Anonymous said...

heehee. Bitch would be a nice word for what some of my soldiers call me...

Daddy Hawk said...

My sympathies. The Queen has been dealing with a mystery illness for 3 1/2 years as you know from reading P&HT, and she gets like you sometimes, too. So don't feel bad. My prescription for the day: Remember that thoughts become things. Think you're sick, and you will be. Think you're well, and you will be. It's not always immediate. So, don't go expecting miracles.

GunDiva said...

K, thanks. I've just got the creeping crud and I'm a baby when I'm sick. It doesn't happen often. Twice in a year is rare; twice in the same month is unheard of. Maybe that's why I'm being an extra big baby this time. It usually only takes me a day or two to kick whatever bites me, so I'm optimistic that I'll be back at work on Monday.