Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Comes to an End

Holy Cow!  Another year down.  How does it happen so fast?  Not quite as fast as the kids growing up, but still pretty fast.

All in all, 2011 was a pretty good year for me.  Heck, I actually finished - all the way to The End - my first novel.  I'll be flying high on that for a while.  I think that was probably my biggest accomplishment.

I lost 26# and gained back 5# over the holidays.  Oops.  I guess I should be glad it was only 5# I gained back; last year I gained a whole lot more than that.  When I started at the gym in February, I had a grandiose idea of losing 40# by my 40th birthday.  We all know that didn't happen.  In fact, I've been plateaued since my birthday (well, except for my very recent 5# gain), but I still feel a sense of accomplishment that I was able to lose 21#.  In 2012, I'll be working on losing the rest of the weight.

It was a tough year with the kids.  I've not posted about it, because they're at an age where I think they deserve their privacy about some of the things they're going through.  But let me tell you, the last three months have been so hard with (and for) them.  I hope we all get through it intact in 2012.

I don't really want to formalize my goals as "resolutions", since I rarely meet my resolutions.  But I will share a couple of goals:
  • revise/edit HUNTED LYON, send it for copy edit/layout by June
  • revise/edit/publish (probably self-pub) TALES FROM THE TRAIL
  • increase my riding ability; learn more leg cues
  • continue to increase my fitness/lose weight
Not a lot of goals, but I think they are attainable.

I'd add "win the PowerBall", but that's kind of out of my control.  But that would be one goal I'd love to meet. :)

Happy New Year, everyone.  I hope 2012 is better than you dreamed.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I think a loss of 21 pounds is for sure a WIN!

Anonymous said...

Some thoughts for you, my friend.

If you're plateaued, are you sure you are getting ENOUGH calories? Sometimes we cut back too many calories and it will cause us to plateau. Another thought would be to try calorie cycling for a couple weeks...

And 21# is awesome! Congrats!

When you self-publish, if you have it available as a .mobi, I will definitely, definitely buy a copy. Or a paper copy. :) Just let us all know where to purchase!

I do think you're a bit hard on yourself with your resolutions of last year. You had a lot on your plate and accomplished a lot.

Anonymous said...

PS I want to win Powerball too!