Monday, June 25, 2012

Bake Sale, Wedding, and RAIN!

Saturday was the Bake Sale to benefit the American Red Cross.  I have no idea how much money was raised, but I *do* have an idea of what the term "Bake Sale" means to me.  Apparently, it does not mean the same thing to other people.

To me, a Bake Sale means you slave for hours in the kitchen, you know, baking stuff to sell.  It's all right there in the name.  You bake shit, you sell it: Bake Sale.  Easy peasy.

Apparently, to some people it means go to the store buy some shit that the people in the bakery baked, repackage it and sell it.  Really?  You couldn't even buy some pre-made cookie stuff, cut it into slices, throw it on a pan and bake it?

The most surprising thing about the Shit You Didn't Bake Yourself Sale is that people bought it.  I'm not kidding.  People actually paid money at a Bake Sale for things they could have walked across the parking lot to King Soopers to buy.  I'm still shaking my head in confusion.

Also, in other news, my brother, Junior, got married on Saturday.  Only, family wasn't invited.  But that's okay, we like Mrs. Junior.  But Mrs. Junior's mother is a certifiable crazy-ass bitch and the wedding planning wasn't going so well, what with her meddling and whatnot.  According to Mrs. Junior's mother, Mrs. Junior has been disowned.  Whatever.  We'll keep her.  Junior and Mrs. Junior solved the problem by not inviting *anyone* except Mrs. Junior's best friend to the wedding.

Nebalee and I had a home party planned for yesterday and both Deejo and Junior had RSVP'd that they were attending with their families, so we decided to surprise the newlyweds with a wedding cake.  I bought the cake mix, handed it off to Nebalee and she let loose her inner Betty Crocker to bake them a cute wedding cake.

Nebalee's fairly certain she's not going into
cake decorating as a second career.
Since it was a surprise, I texted Junior to remind him that he said he'd be attending.  Imagine my surprise when he told me that there had been a scheduling conflict and that they weren't going to be able to make it.  No problem, I said, we'll eat it without you.  So we did.
Yummm...
Deejo enjoyed the wedding cake
Don't worry - we saved the top for them.

When RCC and I finally made it home from Nebalee's, we sat outside and watched a storm move it.  But we weren't holding our breath that anything would come of it.  However...
Pretty certain the neighbors were locking their doors
when the crazy family was standing out in the rain.

Sadly, when I woke up this morning, it was so dry, you'd never know that we had a good-sized rain last night.  The ground was so parched that there was no evidence in the yard of *any* rainfall.  If it wasn't for the puddles in the middle of the street, I might have thought I'd imagined the whole thing.

And that was my weekend...how was yours?

1 comment:

Allenspark Lodge said...

"Don't worry - we saved the top for them."

Wait. I didn't get any. Be by later for a bite.

Bill