Things around here have been rather hectic, which means I haven't had much time to stop and savor the blog worthy moments (or, really, to even notice them).
Rachel at Once Upon A Miracle saved my non-blogging butt today by tagging me in a little meme.
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?
Since my children refer to Estes as my favorite child, I guess that means yes. The cats? Meh, not so much. The step-dog? If I want to stay married, I'd better say yes.
Ugh. The wind makes me look like the Michelin man.
2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
I should be gracious and say it's already come true...
3. What is the one thing most hated by you?
There are so many...I can't choose just one. I'll go with the obvious - loose hair. As in unattached to any body. If it's wet, it's ten times worse and results in immediate gagging and projectile vomiting.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
You know that property and dream house? Yeah, that would be top of my list. There are a couple of other things, too, like set up a free medical clinic at the college I work at to give my students the experience of working in a clinic while providing a much needed service to the community. We're talking full-service family practice, here. For free.
5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Gunpowder therapy. Equine therapy. My silly husband.
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
Both - not a fair question.
7. What is your bedtime routine?
Eyeballs out, hair up, slide into bed with my best girl, Eloise. Get your minds out of the gutter - she's my nook.
8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
Believe it or not, Cupid.com.
9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
I have not a clue.
10. What kinds of books do you read?
The kind with words.
I'm not often limited by genre. Some of my favorite authors are (I'm looking at my bookshelf right now, because I'm terrible with author names)...
- Tara Janzen
- Janet Evanovich
- Terry Goodkind
- Tom Clancy
- Robin Cook
- Patricia Cornwell
- Jeffery Deaver (who I got to meet at WPA!)
- Dean Koontz
- James Patterson
- Jimmy Buffett
- Sophie Littlefied (also met her at WPA!)
I don't know. By then the kids'll all be out of the house and RockCrawlinChef and I will hopefully be working on (or have) our dream house. We're planning on lots of travel in the future - back to Italy baby!
Tavernalle, in the Tuscany region
Cinque Terre (my favorite place on earth)
12. What’s your fear?
Losing someone I love - friend or family.
13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?
I have no desire to visit outer space, so bring on the junk food!
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
Married (as long as it's happily), but poor.
15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
I. am. not. a. morning. person.
That said, the first thing I do is hit the snooze button.
16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
He's totally passive/aggressive and I'm not. If something is bothering me, you'll know it. If something is bothering him, you probably won't know it until some biting comments slips out. I come from a long line of "just say it like it is"-ers. It's difficult for me.
It's probably just as difficult for him to adjust to me; as he comes from a long line of passive/aggressives.
17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I love my name. Wouldn't change it for anything in the world.
18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
Forget? No. That's just a recipe for disaster.
19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
I have no idea. I get bored of food quickly. But, I'm pretty sure I could live for a good, long time on RockCrawlinChef's homemade chicken parmesan. And now that I've said that, that's all I want for dinner! But I don't think we've got time to make it. Bummer. My all-time favorite food.
Now comes the hard part...who to tag next...I've only got a few - blogs that I've just started following and suggest you all follow, too.