Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TST: Author Encounters

I told Rachel that I managed to not make a major fool of myself at Writers' Police Academy and that I didn't think I'd have a TST this week.  However, I thought I'd share - instead of embarrassing myself - some of the cool people I got to meet.


I'm finally back from the Writers' Police Academy and ready to bore you all to death with stories, so I thought I'd start with my celebrity sightings.


Terry O'Dell, romance and mystery author, from the blog Terry's Place.


The ever-gorgeous Sophie Littlefield, who was kind enough to let me review A BAD DAY FOR PRETTY.


Jonathan Hayes, NYC Senior Medical Examiner, Food Critic and Author (and my friend H.)


Lee Lofland of The Graveyard Shift, Organizer Extraordinare, and Author of POLICE PROCEDURES AND INVESTIGATIONS.


10 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Girlfriend, I hope you took a freaking TON of notes!!!!

Sophie Littlefield is a new favorite of mine. BAD DAY FOR PRETTY was a fantastic read, and I'm looking forward to more of her works!

Will for sure be picking your brain about everyone when we see you next month!

Allenspark Lodge said...

How does this work, again? You're off getting pics with all these cool authors and I'm home exercising your horse. Wait! I still have the better end of this deal! Looks like you had a great time.
Mom

Allenspark Lodge said...

I would be too embarrassed to post pics of me being such a celebrity tart. Oh, wait... this IS a TST posting. At least none of them is a horse this time. Dork.

Bill

GunDiva said...

Bill, I never did get my picture taken with Dually...

There were a lot of other published authors there, but I hadn't read their stuff. And the coolest thing? Terry, Sophie and Lee like my blogs :) Maybe Sophie will let me review her new book, due out this year.

Rachel said...

I love the family hazing going on here :)

I am still rather shocked and a wee bit disappointed that you were on your best behavior and didn't create any TST's... I mean, at least they coulda pretend-arrested ya, right?

Thanks for sharing - love the pics!

Mr. Daddy said...

"o" great, Another goodie two shoes.....LOL

didn't get into ANY trouble at all??????

Anonymous said...

Don't let her fool you. She was trouble the entire weekend. In fact, she never knew it, but we had her under surveillance just in case...

Jennifer Haas said...

I am visiting from Once Upon A Miracle, and I am your newest follower too!

Looks like you had a good time. I would love get to do something like that.

Anonymous said...

I guess ppl expect you to get into trouble. That is family for ya! Funny story. Have a good day!

Terry Odell said...

Wow - I've never been in a 'celebrity' lineup before. And with so many real celebs.

Terry
Terry's Place
Romance with a Twist--of Mystery