January's box included:
- Burt's Bees Facial Cleaning Towlettes sample size ($3 for 10) - As a general rule, I don't use a whole lot to clean my face with, other than clear water. I began using the Grits and Honey scrub from the December box and really liked that, but I ran out and have been too cheap to replace it, so I'm looking forward to trying this. And it's not as crazy expensive as some items.
- Crystal Rock Deoderant Stick full-sized ($2.29/1.5 oz) - I'm wary of trying this. As a teenager, I really struggled with body odor. Puberty was not nice to me and it took me a long time to find a deoderant that worked, so I'm somewhat afraid to try this. It might work magically, but it might not. I've decided I'll try it on days when I'm not working so if I end up all stinky, the only person who gets tortured by the stench is me.
- Sante Cosmetics Eyeshadow Stick in Coffee full-sized ($15) - By far, the most expensive eye shadow I've ever owned. Ashinator, who also received a Kara's Way box, *loves* this product. Since I don't usually wear make-up, I was a bit intimidated by it. My only experience with eye shadow is the stuff that you use a brush or applicator with, this whole eye shadow in crayon form is new to me, but I'm going to learn to use it, I swear.
- Alba Botanica Terra Gloss in Garnet full-sized ($5.95) - This is not the most expensive lip gloss I own, but I really like it. It's just a little shimmery and red and pretty.
- Merry Hempsters Vegan Lip Balm in Peppermint full-sized ($2.99) - I love this stuff! It is so dry in Colorado and I tend to not drink enough water, so my lips always feel chapped. Because of that, I always have lip balm in my pocket. Before finding this, my favorite lip balm was Burt's Bees. However, since I tried this, I find that I pick this one up more often than my Burt's Bees stuff.
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay sample size ($7.50/1 lb) - I haven't tried this yet, but I'm excited to. I just thought that would be better left for a day when Jay's not home to scare off.
- Bonus Item: Organi India Tulsi Tea - I don't drink tea, but my brother and SIL do, so this will be given to them. I'm sure they'll love it.
Ashinator received a box as well - I bought her two months for her birthday - and she loved everything in her box, with the exception of the vegan toothpaste. I didn't receive a box with toothpaste, so it appears that different boxes were sent out, some with the crystal rock deoderant and some with the toothpase. I like that, since both of us receive a box, it gives us some flexibility in trading items.
Kara's Way also has great customer service. Ashinator moved at the end of December and I emailed the new address to Kara's Way. Within a day, I received a response. Unfortunately, her box still got shipped to her old address. As soon as I got the shipping email with her old address, I emailed them and they immediately remedied the problem, sending out her replacement box that day.
I have one more month of my subscription and I think I'm going to continue it. It's a ton of fun to get a surprise in the mail every month. So much fun, that I found a craft sample box subscription that I'm going to get for Autobot's birthday in March.