Saturday, February 3, 2018

Grandpa Ed

Grandma Juanita's death has definitely made me nostalgic, remembering my childhood.

Grandpa Ed was the grandpa I grew up with, and he brought a lot of laughter into our lives. I have stories for days about Grandpa Ed, but mostly I wanted to share with you my favorite thing ever.

Jay says Ed's legs are creepy; they just make me smile.
Grandpa Ed was an auto body man, and an excellent one at that. Today, he would have his own TV show "flipping" cars. He was always covered in Bondo and paint.

Grandma Juanita met her match with Grandpa Ed when it came to orneriness. He had this table commissioned just to see how she would react when she came into the house and saw his legs. It mysteriously disappeared, and we didn't dare ask about it, considering how heartbroken we all were with his sudden death.

Imagine his dismay when she loved the table. Found it hilarious and proudly showed it off to everyone.

When we found "Ed's legs" in a shed, I quickly claimed them and rushed home to set them up in a corner to surprise Jay.

He thinks Ed's legs are creepy. He just doesn't appreciate them.

They make me smile every time I look over and see the table, so they're staying. (Even if not one single one of my children wants them when I die.)

No comments: