Friday, February 9, 2018

My First Drink of the Kool-Aid

I've posted a lot about Perfectly Posh recently. (Here, here, and ... here.) So much that you might be under the impression I'm a consultant, but I'm not. I'm just a middle-aged woman who has very recently found out how good it can feel to take care of herself. I mean, I've always managed to feed, bathe, and clothe myself. Occasionally, I even expended the energy to work-out, but I never gave much thought to caring for my skin. And I certainly never realized that caring for my skin would make me feel better, so please forgive this sudden onslaught. I have definitely started drinking the Posh Kool-Aid.



My first taste of the Kool-Aid was the Big Fat Yummy Hand Creme. I might have mentioned that before, but I don't think I said why I fell in love with the lotions.

For many, many years I loved the lotions from Bath and Body Works, but those lotions washed off easily, and after a while, gave me migraines. About two years ago, I tried Bath and Body Works lotion again, and was very thankful it washed off easily, because I hadn't even finished rubbing it in before the headache started. I think it has a lot to do with the chemicals they use to scent their lotions.

Until I found this BFYHC, I used a lotion bar when I could. I do love a good lotion bar, because it protects my hands so well. But ... my hands are always cold, so getting the lotion bar warm enough to spread and soak in was always a problem. I never suffered a migraine from one, though, and I think that's because most lotion bars are made with beeswax and natural ingredients.

Even though I don't currently work in medicine, I still wash my hands and wear gloves a lot, so winter has always been miserable for my hands. They were always dry and itchy. I've developed a sensitivity to certain brands of gloves, and when the skin on my hands is in bad shape, the sensitivity reaction gets worse.

The very first item I ever bought from Posh was one of their BFYHCs. Remember, I'd been sampling it for a few weeks from my hay lady, so when Momma Fargo started selling Posh, I thought I'd buy something to support her. The only products of theirs I was familiar with was the hand creme.

It took about one full day for me to fall head-over-heels in love with the stuff. I took it to work, where I could use it after washing my hands and before putting on gloves to help seal my hands. Turns out, it doesn't wash off nearly as easily as the lotion from Bath and Body Works and I haven't found a scent yet that gives me a migraine.

If you've suffered from dry, itchy skin, you know that some times when you put lotion on it burns. That's because of the alcohol content of traditional lotions. I have found that Posh's hand cremes are soothing, not burn-y, and they seal my hands well against gloves.

The hand cremes are thick and silky feeling, but soak in nicely and do not leave my hands feeling greasy. The scent, for me, is not overpowering. In fact, I can only really smell it when I put the hand creme on and then only if my hands are near my face.

Through trial and error, I found that my face does not like the BFYCHs, nor do my legs. I bought a lighter lotion (Hippie Horray, I think is what it's called) for my legs, and use Moisture 911 on my face. Momma Fargo does have customers who use BFYHC on their faces without a problem, but my face didn't like it.



(You'll notice links in my sidebar for both Momma Fargo and Momma Bear. If you click on their Posh icon, it will take you to their consultant pages. I make nothing from having those links there - I'm not a consultant - but since I love the product and you'll be seeing a lot of posts about it for a while, I thought I'd do them a solid and put in their links.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I drank from the Posh Pool too. Just a sip at first...then I climbed the tower and dove in to the deep end. Save me...ONCE you sip there is no 12 step program that will convince you the stuff is bad...love love love their skin care products. Yep. I even chunky dunk!