Friday, December 10, 2010

My Girls!

This weekend is one I look forward to every year...Baking Weekend!

My girls and I don't get to spend hardly any time together throughout the year, but we do make a point every year to get together at least a couple of times.  July for our birthdays and December for Baking Weekend.  Yes, that's capital-B, capital-W.

It's a big weekend.

And I can't wait.  In addition to catching up on each other's lives, we'll be cranking out the cookies.  You won't believe  the shear number of cookies we'll end up with.  Or maybe you will if you've been around for a while. 

Either way, it's a lot of dang baking.

And a lot of talking.

And laughing.

 I love my girls who are an integral part of my family.  Anyone else have a group of friends that you don't get to see often, but when you do it's like no time at all has passed?

8 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Yeah but y'all live out in CO :(

Claire Boyles said...

Love the baking day! Have a blast!

Finding Pam said...

That sounds like a perfect weekend. I can just hear all the laughter now. I am wishing you a wonderful time with your girls.

Meg said...

I don't have my girls near me anymore....I miss them. But I imagine that if I ever get to fly back to Canada, I'll get to see them again and it'll be awesome!

Have a fun time!

Vaquerogirl said...

My girls both live close- but they never come and help me cook! Dern it- cuz I don't like cooking and they do! Sounds like you will have a fun and productive weekend! Don't have a sugar overload!

Rachel said...

Umm yeah - but I only get to see 'em during HCR :)

Send some of those goodies our way, k? :)

Kat said...

I like the baking with my boys and their wives! It's fun! You have to have a group to do holiday baking...it's just no fun otherwise! :)

Momma Fargo said...

Sounds very awesome and traditional fun! Enjoy!