Sunday, August 15, 2010

We Have A Winner!

The winner of the $50 CSN Stores gift certificate is . . .

Drum roll, please . . .

"Why yes that's a mini Schnauzer in the travel tote under the seat in front of me! Why yes, I paid a solid $100 each way to bring her along. Well, no, I don't think the screaming baby up three rows cost a single cent to fly with her Momma. She doesn't get shoved under the seat, either."

A real conversation between a fellow passenger & myself after a IAH to PIT flight a few years ago. My Schnauzer, Allie, flew very quietly under the seat in front of me in her little pet-tote. The infant, however, who flew for free, screamed bloody murder the entire trip.


Jennifer!

Jennifer, I'll be forwarding your email address to the promoter at CSN, so expect to hear from them within the week.  Enjoy whatever it is you find (be sure to let us know what you blow your gift certificate on)!

Rach and Mr. Daddy, while you both cracked me right the eff up with the MILE HIGH club comment, it came in after the deadline for comments.  So, for second place, Rachel, I'll make sure that Mom puts her Cherry Cheese Filled Pastry (or whatever the heck she calls it) on the menu for either Saturday or Sunday.  Hope that's an okay consolation prize.

But the MILE HIGH comment got me thinking...now, stop groaning and shaking your heads, I do think on occasion...

While the MILE HIGH CLUB is usually used in reference to flying, doesn't that also mean that most of the people in Denver and the surrounding mountains are also members of the MHC?  After all, we live a mile above sea level.

2 comments:

Mr. Daddy said...

GunDiva, now you got ME thinking....LOL

Maybe I should of got a ticket, I could of totally fulfilled a mile high fantasy...ROFL

But I'm thinking with Itty bit and my MIL there it would of been almost as challenging....

not to mention that sound carry's in the lodge.....(or so it's been written)

Would of been a nice chance to howl at the moon though.....

just saying.....

Daddy Hawk said...

As a pilot and traditionalist, I would have to say that living in Boulder or anywhere else higher than one mile above sea level does not fulfill the spirit of the Mile High Club membership requirements.