I had no idea the blogosphere was its own community when I started. I never expected to meet so many amazing people who I now consider friends. I certainly never intended to branch out into having so many different blogs.
People who don't blog, don't get it. They don't understand how bloggy friendships are every bit as real as "real life" friendships. But they are. The community is as strong as any neighborhood community; we draw together to celebrate successes and mourn losses. There's not a "support group" out there any stronger than the blogging community.
I can't imagine not blogging, not checking in on my friends, so I was a little surprised to see my number of posts hit 500. For this blog. Not quite there on my other ones. And 500 over a three-year period of time isn't that many. There are far more dedicated bloggers who post almost every day and have a whole lot more posts than I do, but this is a hell of a milestone for me.
So...I thought I'd look back over the last 500 posts and my life as a blogger.
- My first non-family followers were: T!nk (he doesn't run a blog anymore, but I still love him and talk to him ocassionally), Shepherd K, and Momma Fargo.
- My first blog post was about my experiences at Horse Master.
- Post number 100: Busy Day and A Big Goal Met, written during my very first NaNoWriMo
- Post number 200: Winners!, I gave away a copy of each of Tara's CRAZY/LOOSE books to celebrate my 200th post. She's since completed the series.
- Post number 300: The Monday Minute, boy, those were fun.
- Post number 400: Perspective, written just last year about my weight battle.
- And of all of my posts, the one that continually gets the most hits and comments is the one about RCC's epiploic appendagitis. Go figure.
- I was trying to figure out if I had a favorite post and the one that popped immediately into mind was this one.