Monday, February 14, 2011

Because I Love You...

...and because I got some cool stuff for free!

Megan from BuildASign contacted me a month or so ago about doing a review on their products.  I was really interested in participating, but didn't have time to breathe, much less play around with their cool stuff.  Megan was super patient with me and gave me all the time I needed.

Last weekend, I made time to sit down at the computer.  I played with bumper stickers, window clings, decals.  You name it, I played with it.  It was super easy, and though I'm not the graphic designer in the family, I pretended I was.  I ended up designing some window clings that I think are kind of cool.

The site was fun to play around with and they got my order out to me faster than promised.  Megan told me to expect my order to arrive around February 16.  Imagine my delight when my order arrived on the 11th, just three days after I placed it.

Megan, in addition to being exceptionally patient with me, offered some really good suggestions to make sure that I was happy with the product.  I'm glad I listened to her suggestions.

I do have a problem, though.

I can't take a picture of the cling, because it's white writing on the white backing. So you'll have to trust me that it's pretty darn cool and Ripley's already sporting one (but RCC has Ripley at work, so I still can't take a picture).

I have ten to give away, but instead of using the Random Name Picker like I usually do, I'm going to give them to the first ten commenters. Family (Mom, Bill, Nebalee, Deejo) doesn't count because you're expected to put one on your vehicles and I've already got yours set aside.

I had such a good time with BuildASign that I've already got other projects in mind.

10 comments:

Angie N said...

Um....what exactly is a cling???

Beth Zimmerman said...

#2 - super excited because I never win ANYTHING! I actually know what a "cling" is but ... what's a "Ripley"?

Mrs. Mom said...

** Disclaimer-- I Don't Count Here, cause I am honorary famil ;)

But I had to chip in my two cents-- Megan from BuildASign ROCKS. She is patient, talented, knows her stuff and just a joy to work with. I too will be posting a review, and let me tell you--- I *love* the stuff I got!!

Oh-- Diva-- just to mush up your day, I wuv you toooooooo!

Leiah said...

Ooooo ooooo ooooo - Pick me, pick me!

Fearless_Fabulous_Gayle said...

I came out of "hiding" just to try and win something, LOL!

P.S. I LOVE the new look of your blog, and the picture! You 2 look perfect standing there together all peaceful...

Rachel said...

Oooh - how fun!!! And Beth - Ripley is more of a "WHO" than a "WHAT"... it's GunDiva's cool car :)

And GunDiva - did you make sure there was no HAIR on Ripley before you applied the cling? ;)

Tracy P said...

Did I make it???

Vaquerogirl said...

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit! I recieved all the cool stuff you sent me from the Shot Show! Love the bumper sticker especially ( but you knew I would!)
I have a trail rider cling in my window- how about a Vaquero on the other, (and I don't mean the cowboy)? Those machines could pay for themselves in a short time couldn't they!
Thanks again for thinking of me!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, wish you could have taken a picture! I'm curious.

GunDiva said...

Well, you ALL get a cling! Send me you snail mail addresses please, so I can get them out soon.

PS - yes, I checked for hair, Rachel.