Monday, February 7, 2011

Mistaken Identity

It's that time of the week again.  That time when we share our most embarrassing or uh-oh moments with the rest of the blogosphere.  Thank you to Rachel and Mr. Daddy for hosting this each week.

When Tara and I were walking around SHOT Show, we stopped to talk to several people at booths.  Everyone was really nice and offered up a lot of information.  At one booth (which shall remain nameless) Tara mentioned that we were tossing around a blog post idea and got into a discussion with a couple of guys at the booth.  Tara mentioned that I wrote for the Girls With Guns blog.  The guy we were talking to got really excited and went to get the PR guy for the booth, who was also super impressed and bent over backward to answer any questions we had.

He then motioned over another person, a female shooter, and got her involved in the discussion.  We had a great time and were both beyond impressed that they were reading GWG.  Holy moley!  I felt like Mrs Mom and I had hit the big time.  The PR guy from a very major gun manufacturer read our blog!  And offered to help us out in any way he could!

Tara and I talked about how to help the blog grow and gain more followers.  The first step was to register a web domain name.  When I got home from SHOT Show and had time to sit at the computer, I started looking at domain names.  Thinking that we should keep our domain name the same as the blog name, I searched http://www.girlswithguns.com/.  Let's just say I was more than a little shocked to find that our domain name was basically a T & A site (with poor gun handling to boot!).

Guess what?

We won't be pursuing that domain name any time soon.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

YIKES!

(Mr. Daddy... don't even think about it)

Looks like someone else loved your blog name as much as you.

And I'm cracking up that the guys were fawning all over it because they assumed. I bet they would have been a lot more impressed with your gun handling skills!

Brandi said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now, that's funny. ;)

Mrs. Mom said...

Well, gotta admit- I have the "T" part covered.



The right name will grab us (probably on our "A" parts when we aren't looking.) GWG will only grow by us showing up-- and now that I kinda have my life back, that might be able to happen on a more regular basis!

Allenspark Lodge said...

So how about "Babe's with Bazookas"

(You really should turn on comment monitoring....)

Bill

Unknown said...

That is stinking hilarious. And I'm not ashamed to admit I'm fixin to go look it up.