Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Man Cold

I don't get sick often, which is probably why I am such a baby about it.  The last time I was sick was October 16, 2009.  How do I know that?  Because I blogged about it.  That's how rarely I get sick enough to turn into such a man baby about it.



I try not to be a baby, I really do, but I hate being a mouth-breather due to the tons of concrete snot inside my face.  I hate the fact that I can hear the fluid move in my eustacian tubes.  I hate not being able to get comfortable.  See the pattern here?  Being sick makes me unhappy and when Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

RockCrawlinChef has been sick for two weeks.  He's been coughing up multi-colored lung cookies all night long.  Has he whined about it?  Nope.  He's a much better woman about being sick than I am.  Just went to the store one day and bought himself a bottle of NyQuil  dosed himself up and went to bed. 

How many of you started singing Denis Leary's NyQuil song when you read what RCC took?  It's thanks to Mr. Leary that I can properly spell it, "Big N, little y, giant fucking Q", and then I have to mentally sing the whole NyQuil song in my head.  Thanks a lot, Mr. Leary, I'm going to be singing that stupid song all day long.

I'm going to curl up with my Advil Cold & Sinus and snot rags and take a nap.  Mostly because it's too much effort to get out of bed and go to the couch...

Oh, and it just dawned on me that this is my 400th post!  That's like a milestone or something.  My mucus-infested synapses aren't firing well enough to think of something to do to celebrate this post.  Hmm...

9 comments:

Finding Pam said...

I had that stuff for over a month. I am still coughing from it. I am sorry that you have it.

I am sending you some virtual chicken noodle soup. Nothing tasted good when I was sick except soup.

Thanks for the nice comments about my gun safety class. I really enjoyed it.

Get well soon. I will be waiting for your gun safety post.

Momma Fargo said...

Oy. Sad to hear this. Sick is yucky. Nyquil is my best friend with hot lemon water and lots of sleep. Hugs.

It's ok to be a wimp. Girls like us that don't get sick...aren't used to it and it takes our bodies way down. So that means its a super bug that got ya!

Take care. Recover fast. Try some gunpowder tea...lol

Mr. Daddy said...

Wonder how RCC feels about the comparison that you just did on him???? LOL

Do I need to send more funnies so you can blow more snot bubbles???

hope you guys get feeling better. :o)

Rachel said...

Just get better. Then we'll celebrate!

Daddy Hawk said...

The last time I was seriously, horribly sick was the pneumonia event from Thanksgiving 2005. I had one brief interlude with the garden variety "I don't feel so good"'s a few months ago, but nothing worth taking time off from work in years.

I'm with Mr. Daddy, though. We need to see some snot bubbles. I'll take a crack at it.

What's the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts?

Beer nuts are $1.25, and deer nuts are under a buck.

Thank me/curse me later, but post pics of those snot bubbles.

GunDiva said...

Snot bubbles headed your way Shepard K. No pictures, 'cause that's too gross for even me.

Daddy Hawk said...

Did you hear the one about the Aggie bank robber? He tied up the safe and blew up the guard.

Gabi said...

HA! The Nyquil song! Thanks for putting that in my head today. Of course, I forgot all the words so now I'll be going crazy try to remember it.

Get better soon.

Unknown said...

Being sick blows. Sometimes literally.