Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ugh! A Slacker Update

I don't know what's happening to my days.  Seems like they're slipping away too quickly.  I wake up, go to work, come home, go to bed, rinse, lather, repeat.  I don't much remember January.  Does anyone?

Ripley got her first ouchie while we were enjoying the unseasonably nice weather.  Before our cold snap, we had some spring-like weather.  Beautiful days in the 60s!  I miss them already.  I digress.  RockCrawlinChef and I were out shopping at Sam's Club and when we got out of the store, we saw this...


They're small gouges, but they go into the plastic on the bumper.  There's no sanding them out and pretending they didn't happen.

My husband loves me - before the cold snap hit, he made a point to "install" a rear window in the Jeep so I wouldn't have to turn into an ice cube.   It was such a gorgeous day outside the Scamp decided to oversee the project from the roof...


RCC pulled out his inner redneck ingenuity and fashioned a rear window out of a shower curtain, duct tape, and nylon cord (and I got a new leather punch out of the deal).  I'm pretty sure Ashinator wishes that we could stitch a window into the Accord - she's pretty sick of the plastic wrap/packaging tape window she's got.


 
It got bitter cold for a couple of days.  I had students pissed off that we didn't cancel school.  All of the public schools were closed, why wasn't the college?  Here's the short answer:

It's only cold!  Man the eff up!
Put on your coat!
Get your ass in the car
and get to school!

I really wanted to channel my inner R. Lee Ermey...


Of course, as much as I wanted to scream that at them, I couldn't.  What I could tell them was that they were adults and able to get themselves to school.  The roads weren't bad; the reason the public schools were closed was that they couldn't have so many kids standing out at the bus stops (to which, I'm sure my Northern readers will laugh) or walking to school.

It warmed up slightly, but not enough for my riding lessons in an outdoor arena.  Being Colorado, it'll be cold again in a couple of days, but I do appreciate the break we get in the weather between cold snaps.

One of my resolutions at the beginning of the year was to lose weight.  Hell, it's on my list every year.  RCC and I have both decided that the forty-plus pounds we each gained when we got married has got to go.  He - the brat - lost 20# in January just by changing his eating habits.  Me?  I lost four.  That's right.  Four freaking pounds!  Can we say pissed off wife?  Yep.  He hasn't even started working out.  He's just eating a bowl of cereal in the morning, a salad with a protein at lunch, and something for dinner.  Pisses me off.  I can't lose weight without blood, sweat and tears.  I wasn't able to join a gym until last week - that crap's expensive.  I bit the bullet and not only joined a gym, but paid for three fifty-minute sessions with a personal trainer.  My first session is tomorrow.  He's going to kick my fat arse and I'm more than a little afraid.  But if it's going to take blood, sweat and tears, I'm willing to give them.  I've got forty pounds to go before my birthday in July.

And in the good news category...
Tara Janzen's newest release, LOOSE ENDS, hit the NYT Best Seller list! This is the third (or is it fourth) time her Steele Street boys and girls have ended up on the list.  I'm so thrilled for her; she deserves it.

6 comments:

Mr. Daddy said...

I agree, January just seemed to blaze by and slip into the mist of my memories...

Sorry bout Ripley, the first one is always the hardest...

Love that Redneck ingenuity, did he use the 200 mile an hour duct tape???? Red Green would be so proud of that boy. LOL (if the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy)
Not casting dispersions on his looks...ROFL just quoting a little Red Green wisdom....

Cat on the roof!!!!! can you say TARGET PRACTICE.....

just saying...

And GIRL you are gonna be SOOOOOOO sore after tomorrow....

What were you thinking....LOL

Daddy Hawk said...

Ain't nothin' that cain't be fixed with a little duct tape.

Good luck with the gym. I need to start thinking up excuses to get off my butt and lose about 40 pounds myself. I can't stand gyms though. If it's not here at the house, I won't use it. If it is here at the house, I find an excuse not to use it.

Allenspark Lodge said...

Duct tape. Gotta love the stuff.

They say you can fix anything with duct tape.

They say you can't fix stupid.

But with duct tape, you can at least make stupid quiet.

Bill

(Maybe a piece of it on the bumper)

Rachel said...

I got nothing. The boys beat me to all things witty.

I wish I could join the gym and get butt-kicked with you. Hopefully we'll both be healthier by HCR?! :)

GunDiva said...

Here's the thing - I *HATE* the gym.

But...

I love being in shape, so if I have to torture myself at the gym I'll do it.

Not so long ago, I was working out 1 1/2 hours a day, six days a week AND playing in three indoor soccer games AND two outdoor soccer games. I miss being that fit. I think it's a bit of overkill, so I'm not going that far this time around. I would, however, like to be able to not cringe when I look in the mirror. Somewhere, there's a middle ground - I just have to find it.

Mrs. Mom said...

January? What was that?

Yeah- to say that January around here was umm.. Interesting.. is putting it mildly. What I remember most from it was feeling stress. Heavy, nagging, soul crushing stress.

But, *that* stress is now gone. I dropped it off on Saturday ;)

Onto the rest of the year!!


Gym... bless you woman. You are a stronger woman than I. I'm afraid you cant pay me to go to one....