Sunday, October 9, 2011

Randomness. Again.

Digger's my oldest child.  He's also a bit of a pain in the arse.  He's ten inches or so taller than me and likes to use my shoulders as arm rests.  It's annoying.  But not as annoying as what he told me at our friends' wedding:

"Mom, you're so little.  It's like having a fun-sized parent."
Funny, but annoying.

Little shit.

~~~~~~~~~~

So today, I went for up the hill for a ride.  It was cold enough that I wore my duster to ride in; I've found that riding bareback with a duster on will keep me nice and toasty.  The duster acts like a tent that holds in the horse's body temp.  It's actually quite cozy.

After my ride(s), two actually, Mom needed Bill and I to move some hay.  Since walking in my duster is like walking in a damn prom dress, I changed out of it and into my Carhartt jacket.

And was able to zip it closed.

For the first time in a long time (we're talking years).

Not only could I zip it closed, but I had layers on underneath!

3 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

It's like having a fun-sized parent.

I really like that kid.

Bill

Candance said...

YAY on the jacket! The fun-sized parent thing made me giggle.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm hoping to get my Carhartt to zip closed soon too!

I hear ya on feeling short. While I'm NOT short (5'8"), my siblings are over 6' tall each. My tallest brother is 6'5", so I am easily the "fun-sized" sister. And he uses me as arm rests too.