Friday, January 8, 2010

Turn The Clock Back

Note:  This was scheduled for tomorrow, but blankity-blank Blogger scheduler apparently isn't working.  Sorry.

I miss being a kid.  Especially when it's cold out - and it's been cold.  Not just here, but every where.  I hate the booger freezing cold that we've been having and I hate having to be the Mommy when it's this cold out.

I miss being a kid.  When I was a kid, I was too little to have to go out and start the car when it was cold. I just had to bundle up in my coat and make it from the house to the already-warmed up car.  There wasn't any of this booger freezing shit scraping rock-hard frost from the windows.  Nope.  When I was a kid, I just stayed in the house, nice and toasty until it was time to put my coat and mittens on and go to the car.  I miss that.

You know what else I miss?  Kind of along the same lines.  I miss footie pajamas.  I never had cold feet in footie pajamas.  Know what was the best?  When we'd be out somewhere late and we'd change into our pajamas where ever we were.  Then Mom or Dad would go out and warm up the car.  We'd get into our nice warm pajamas, put on our nice warm coats and mittens, and get into our nice warm car.  It would be so nice and cozy that inevitably I'd fall asleep and get carried into the house and slip right into bed.  I miss that.  I want to be the one getting carried in all nice and cozy like.  I don't like being the one to have to do the carrying in and shit.

Being a Mommy sucks sometimes.  But, most notably in the winter.

5 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

I can remember as a kid falling asleep at my cousins house (or where ever) and waking up at home wondering how I got there. Sort of like collage.
Bill

Anonymous said...

LoL. Make your eighteen year old scrape off the car!!

p.s. thats why I am glad I have a garage!

GunDiva said...

Oh, I do, Nate, I do. My garage is full of stuff and even if it wasn't, it's too narrow for my car and the insulation sucks. I used the garage the first year I moved in, but had to line up the car just right so that I could open my door and step into the house - and I drove a little Honda Accord. I gave up using the garage when I realized I was scraping the windows just as much as I would on the street and I wouldn't have to be a contortionis to get out of the car if I parked on the stree.

Aunt Juicebox said...

I hate the cold too. I have less and less tolerance for it as I get older. By the time the car is ready to go I'm shivering so bad my teeth are actually chattering. Ugh. I don't like footie pjs though. They make my feet sweat. lol

Anonymous said...

I miss being a kid and having people do everything for me and I just got to play play play.