Friday, July 17, 2009

The GunDiva's Perfect Present




RCC has it all figured out...he's got his project Jeep and now I've got my project shotgun. A few years ago, as a birthday present to myself I built a tactical shotgun from the receiver up. It started out super ugly and ended up as my "12 guage flashlight". Then a couple of years later I had to sell it, but I promised myself I'd build me another, better one.
The one thing I wanted to change when I built my new shotgun was that I wanted the receiver to be able to shoot 2 3/4" as well as 3" rounds, which RCC must have remembered because my new 870 can do just that. Also, I don't have to start with just a receiver this time, RCC bought me the whole gun; I just get to customize it with whatever I want. I'm envisioning it being very similar to my original shotgun, just matte black. I'm so excited I can hardly sit still; I've already looked up most of the accessories I want and I can't wait to get back into the shop and get started. I know exactly how he feels with his Jeep!
What a great birthday present!!!!


No comments: