Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One Year Ago...

...or thereabouts, this is what the RockCrawlin'Chef and I were up to.


On Saturday, RockCrawlinChef and I went to Colorado Off-Road Extreme (CORE) in Deer Trail as part of a Colorado 4x4 thing. What a freakin' blast! CORE has a little bit of everything for off-roading: a desert rally track, ATV track, MX, rock crawling, 4x4 obstacles and mud pits. Since we were there with Colorado 4x4, there wasn't an admission fee, but their normal admission fee is only $20 per vehicle anyway.

RCC's Jeep is pretty much stock, no lifts, no over-size tires, just a Jeep, but we still had a ton of fun! We did the rally track, which thanks to all of the rain we've had lately, had plenty of mud pits for us to play in and get really dirty. He took us up over some small obstacles, which didn't feel so small when we were going over them. If we had a lift kit and bigger tires, we'd've eaten up those little obstacles. After lunch, we played around some more and then RCC handed me the keys. Oh, big mistake. I was having a good time riding shotgun, but once I got those keys in my hand I had a GREAT time!

We did learn one thing - GunDiva likes the skinny pedal. Now, that may not be news to many of you, but maybe when 4-wheeling a little less skinny pedal may be called for. I had so much freakin' fun on the rally track. The mud and I had a good time.

Except for the time I forgot to roll up my window before hitting the mud/water and I got drenched. Nope. Had a good time then, too. RCC had a good time, too, laughing at me getting drenched as I negotiated the mud puddle. I managed to get mud all over the inside of the driver's side all the way to the back window and splash the passenger side in the process.

I really need my own Jeep. One without carpet or cloth seats so that I can just take a pressure washer to it, inside and out.

3 comments:

Mr. Daddy said...

Jeeps are so cool. I miss mine, back in the day I had a 53 Willy's with a pimped out 283 chev in it.

"O" yeah! I was the man...LOL

Sara said...

I would love to drive something that I could ride really hard and then be proud of how dirty I got it afterward.

Wow. That was so unintentionally sexual.

I apologize.

A little.

Angie N said...

I'm in the process of getting rid of my Piece-O-Crap Nissan and getting a Jeep! Shouldn't have to replace a transmission that only has 20,000 miles on it!