Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Presents!

I love coming home to presents :)

Even if I know they are coming and I'm the one who paid for them.  None of that matters.  Getting packages is always happy, happy, happy.

I'm not a prepper by any means, but am looking to build some food reserves (I blew my opportunity to build ammo reserves).  Living in a small town without a grocery store (the one we had in town closed about a month after we moved in) can be a pain in the butt sometimes, so if I can always have staples on hand, I'm ahead of the game.

Last year at a gun show, I sampled some food from Thrive and really loved it. I ordered a few things last fall and liked it.  I might have more than liked the convenience of the freeze dried ground beef.  Holy easy to use!  I didn't even have to dirty a pan to fry it up.

With my phlebotomy class money this month, I ordered the Thrive Smart Start pack, not quite knowing what to expect.  I figured we'd get a few #10 cans of something or other.  When I opened up my box, I was super excited to find this:

17 pantry cans and 4 Thrive Express packets.
I forgot to put the cookbook in the picture, but the package also came with a cookbook to demonstrate how to use all of the components in the package.

I don't even know where to start with all of this.  I'm just so excited to have it here and now can't wait until next month.

Has anyone else tried any freeze dried foods?  Mountain House?  Wise Food Supply?  Thrive?  What have your experiences been?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm feeling the need for some brownies :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm still trying to recover from the random, "with my phlebotomy class money" part, ha!

We were just excited about ordering astronaut ice cream. But somehow I don't think we'd survive as long as you. So my guess is we should immediately drive to Colorado if we ever have concerns about the apocalypse...