Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Italy, Day 11

09 Apr 06

Up bright and early today to take the train to Milan to see the Duomo (church) and AC Milan v. Chievo Verona.

The subway from the train station to the Duomo was much nicer than the subway in Rome.  There was much less graffiti and urine.

We climbed the stairs (164) to the roof of the Duomo  and walked around looking down at the square.  It's probably the only time I'll get to wander around the marble roof of a church.








With the drizzle, the roof was very slippery.

Our seats for the Milan game were not the best seats around, but at least we got to see them win 4-1.  I picked up shirts for the kids, which I hope they'll like.

Nothing brings a smile to Squid's face like futbol


When we got back to our hotel, the housekeepers had been in to straighten up and they left actual bath towels.  Then it dawned on me ... we had dried off after our showers with the towels hanging over the bidet.  We'd dried our bodies with ass-towels!

I wish we had more time to spend on Lake Como, but we're down to the last couple of days of our trip and we're off to Venice.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ach - the views! I love your pictures. Droolworthy. Have always wanted to visit Italy - you took my dream trip!