Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dang it!

Today, as we were getting ready to go out on our trail ride Washoe let his Wonder Idiot side take control and was being a jerk for Digger.

I was at the mounting block, with my back turned to them when I heard a dull thump.  Thumps are never a good thing, but it wasn't the whump that comes from someone hitting the ground, so I didn't think much of it until I turned around and saw this:



Washoe, in full Idiot mode, was giving Digger a hard time and as Digger was trying to get him under control, Washoe the Wonder Idiot hit Ripley with his shoulder.  It wasn't a hard hit, but 900# against a lightweight car like Ripley... well, it's not a surprise that Ripley was the one who sustained the damage.

The first words out of my mouth were, "Jay's going to kill me."

Ripley might be my car, but she's Jay's baby.  As you know, he's done some really cool things with her and he can spot a scratch at twenty paces.  There was no way on Earth that he wasn't going to notice this big ol' honkin' dent.

After dinner, I was still stressed out about the dent, so I made Monster go out to see if he could pop the dent out.  Monster took one look at it and said, "Jay's going to be so pissed."  Pretty much verbatim what Ashinator said.

After explaining the seriousness of the situation to the rest of the family who has not lived with Jay, popping out the dent became a family affair.

Bill

Monster

Deejo
Luckily, Bill had some specialized "pound out the dent" tools and we were able to get most of the dent out.  Of course we weren't able to get all of it out, but it is much less noticeable than it was before.



Jay's not a happy camper that his baby has her third dent (I thought this was only her second dent, but apparently there's a miniscule one on the door crease).  He muttered something about Washoe going to the glue factory (I was going to take Washoe to the Purina factory, myself).

If I'm lucky, I'll not have to sleep on the couch tonight.

2 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Oh. Yikes. And poo. Dings on the cars make me sad. If it makes you feel any better my Gold Beast looks horrible now.

Rachel said...

I flinched when I saw this... poor Ripley and poor you and poor Jay and darn horse!

Looks loads better than the original injury!