Sunday, February 7, 2021

The Big 5-0 is Coming

For a couple of years now I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to do to celebrate my half-a-century mark. I don't know, it seems like kind of a big deal and I want to do something to force myself out of my comfort zone. I thought about doing boudoir photos, or completing a Tough Mudder, or, or, or. I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do.

And then I saw a posse-mate had done a photo shoot with her horse for her birthday. It was awesome, she and her horse were dressed up as warriors and it was breath taking! I decided I wanted to do something like that for my birthday.

Ever since I got Skeeter, I'd been tossing around the idea of cosplaying with her. Mostly because I've wanted to figure out a way to turn her into a dragon or a Pegasus. Once that seed was planted, it took root and now I'm obsessed with the idea.

I'll be pushing myself way outside my comfort zone with the cosplay(s) I have planned for my birthday in July. I mean, why do anything halfway?

Not only do I plan on transforming Skeeter into a Pegasus (a Skeeter-sus, if you will), but also a War Horse. I'd initially planned on doing just one cosplay and photo shoot, but since I'll be paying for a photographer and building costumes I might as well do two. Cross your fingers that I can pull this off.

My intention is to blog the experience, though I've been pretty bad about posting on a regular basis. My hope is that by blogging it, it'll give me some accountability.

1 comment:

Linda said...

That sounds fun. You need to go BIG for 50!! I did a shoot at 52, and I am so happy I did. Nothing like what you’re planning, but definitely captured that moment in my life. My daughter did a boudoir shoot and now she’s pregnant. So, good timing on that one.