Sunday, October 25, 2009

Friends of the Loveland Library Book Sale




I love this book sale - especially the last day.  The prices are good on the first day, $1.00 - $2.50 per book for teen and adult books.  If you're looking for specific books, the first day is the day you want to attend.

But it's the "Bag Day" that you get the best deals!  Bag Day is the last day of the sale and for $4.00 you get all of the books you can stuff into a plastic grocery bag.  Since I'm an experienced bag stuffer, I actually got charged $5.00 for two of my bags, but I can't complain, it's still an amazing deal.  Jay and I met his parents and siblings there - they were book sale virgins, but quickly got into the spirit.  I'm hoping that they felt like they got a good deal, because I know that Jay and I did.  We went under the guise of picking up books for my parents' B&B, Allenspark Lodge, but I knew I'd come out with plenty of reading material for myself.

For a mere $26.00 we came home with 105 paperbacks and 14 hardbacks.  Yeah, that works out to twenty cents a book.  How do you beat that?  I don't even care that I accidentally picked up two duplicates in the heat of the moment - I'll just send my dupes to Deejo in Arizona when Mom heads down there in a couple of weeks.  Over sixty of the books are for the lodge; the remaining books are in my TBR pile.  I'm not quite sure when I'll have time to read them, with NaNo coming up, but I'm sure I'll find time in the next year or so to get them read.

For those prices, it's a great way to find new authors.  If I buy a book and hate it, I'm only out twenty cents.  Big deal.  But if I find a new author, I'm even happier.  This is the time of year that I try to step outside my genre boundries and try new things.  After all, it's basically only costing me my time.

No comments: