Monday, October 26, 2009

Shelby Johnson



Character info for my NaNo, "Love Beyond The Ranch".  The brief character sketch then lead to Shelby answering the Get To Know You, which was fun.  I learned a lot about Shelby in the GTKY questionairre.


• Name: Shelby Johnson
• Age: 34
• Single mom
  • Widow? N
  • Divorce? Y
  • Abandoned? Y. Husband Bruce ran off with a younger woman, Bernice, when CJ was a young pup.
o Number of kids? 3
  •  Caitleigh, 11 
  •  CJ, 9
  •  Luke, 13
• Running livery: Three Heathens Ranch; used inheritance from her Grandfather’s death to buy the ranch in the Rocky Mountains.
  • With kids? Y
  • With family? Off-site
  • With friends? Best friend Al works on the ranch as the nanny/cook
  • Alone? Mostly
• Dating
  • Blind dates
  • Speed dating
  • Dating clients – NO!
  • Internet dating


Get To Know You Questions
Are you a morning or night person?
I’d like to be a night person, but so much of what I have to do is morning work and I just don’t have the energy to be a night person. So I guess that makes me a morning person by default.


Do you believe in life on other planets?

Hell, why not?

 
Do you have any bad habits?

I’d like to, but I don’t have time for them. *Laughs*

 
Do you have any celebrity crushes?

Viggo Mortenson; he’s a hell of a horseman and pretty to look at, too.

 
Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

Well, I had my ears pierced, but there’s not much time for that anymore. I’ve got one tattoo, the Chinese character for hope, that I got during a fit of depression



Do you prefer sweet or salty foods?

Depends on the day



If you could be any animal, what would you be?

A horse. Or a wolf. They’re both majestic, family critters



If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Who has time to think about superpowers?



If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Right here. My ranch is the only place I want to live. What could be better? Living in the Rocky Mountains is the perfect place.



If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I don’t know. Yes, I do. The wild horse sanctuary.



If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?

The ranch.



What do you think about right before falling asleep ?

How much I’d like to share my life with someone here.



What is one regret you have:

That I was a better wife so Bruce wouldn’t have run off on me.



What is one thing that no one knows about you?

I secretly hate the bastard and love the woman he took off with because she actually did me a favor.



What is one thing you like about being an adult?

Getting to eat dessert for breakfast if I want.



What is one thing you miss about being a kid?

Being carefree and having someone take care of me



What is one thing you would change about yourself?

Wish I was better judge of men



What is the best band of all time?

Chris LeDoux


What is your dream job?

I’ve got it. I get to ride horses in the mountains for a living.



What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night?

Sleep



What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?

Read



What is your first thought when you wake up?

How many horses do I have to pull?



What personality traits do you look for in a partner?

Honesty and hard working



What was your favorite childhood television program?

The Lone Ranger



What's your favorite animal?

Uh, horse



What's your favorite color?

Red



Would you rather have a million dollars or true love?

True love



Can you commit to one person, are you right now?

I’d love to commit to one person, and, no, I’m not committed to anyone right now.



Have you ever judged someone, then ended up being close with them?

A couple of times.



Do you think you'll be married in 10 years?

I’d love to be, but in reality, I don’t see it happening. I’m just too busy at the ranch to even consider the energy it would take to date, have a relationship and get married.



Name something you dislike about the day you're having

There’s just not enough time or money to go around


Who was the last person you hugged?

My kids. Thank God for them.



Will this coming up weekend be a good one?
Well, the books are full of rides. So, I guess business-wise it’ll be a good weekend.

Have you ever met someone who turned out to be amazing?
Nope, still waiting.

Have you ever liked someone older than you?
Yeah, and the bastard ran off with someone younger than me.

Currently liking anyone?
Nope

Is there someone you'd like to fix things with?
I used to think I’d like to fix things with my husband, Bruce, but actually, life’s gotten a lot easier since Bernice stole him away. Thanks Bernice.

How many times have you dyed your hair?
Who has time for that? I think the last time I even considered it, I was in high school and I got highlights for prom.

Do you believe that your first love can be your only love in life?
God, I hope not. Otherwise, I’m screwed.

When's the last time you smoked a cigarette?
Never. Smoking and hay don’t mix.

Do you currently have any hickies on your neck?
Uh, gross. And that would require a hickie-er and there’s no one getting that close to my neck.

Is anything bothering you right now?
Am I doing the right thing with the kids? Is it okay to raise them this way? Are they going to hate me forever for growing up poor?

You smoke pot, don't you?
Nope.

Do you hate anybody?
Nope.

Is there someone you don't ever want to be out of your life?
My family

Who was the last person that told you they loved you?
The kids, right before they went to bed.

If you were stranded on a desert island would you survive?
Absolutely. I’m a survivor; it’s the only way to get along in this world.

Have you ever thrown up on anybody?
Not that I recall

Have you consumed any alcohol in the past 72 hours?
Nope. Haven’t had time to run to the liquor store.

Do you get mad easily?
I’m too tired to get mad

Have you ever kissed anyone eighteen years or older?
Uh, yeah. Remember, Bruce was older than me and I’m well over eighteen.

Have you ever slapped someone?
Yep, and it felt GOOD.

Do you think your wasting your time on the person you like?
Since there’s no one I like, it’s kind of a moot point, isn’t it?

Do you miss anyone?
My grandpa

Will you be in a relationship next month?
Yeah, right.

Do you think there are circumstances when it's okay to wait for someone?
I’m sure I could think of some

If you found a baby turtle on the side of the road would you keep it?
Wanna see it?

The upcoming weekend, have you got plans?
Work

Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months without cheating?
Without batting an eye

Do you like to make the first move?
I don’t know; it’s been so long

Have you ever tried your hardest and then gotten disappointed in the end?
Recall I was married and got totally hosed.

Do you remember who you liked on New Year's?
I remember that I got to go to bed early that night.

Want someone back in your life?
No

Are you a morning person or a night person?
By fact of my job, a morning person

Could you go the rest of your life without drinking alcohol?
Yep

Have you ever thought about getting your tongue pierced?
Why would I do that?


If your house was on fire what would be the first thing you do?
Get the kids out and turn the horses loose


Ever fallen for your best opposite sex best friend?
Eewww…why would I mess up a perfectly good friendship?


Have you ever been searched by the cops?
Well, yes.

3 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

Fun Fun Fun!

Allenspark Lodge said...

Great start. I really like the turtle thing - and the hickies -. I want to start reading...
Juanita

Anonymous said...

very, VERY interesting!