Saturday, November 7, 2009

NaNo-isms: When Your Brain Thinks Faster Than Your Fingers Can Type

Oh, I've got a couple of doozies from the last twenty four hours:
  • Leaving the keys in the transmission, I park the car in first gear and set the emergency brake.
  • I put her rack up on the saddle...
No, it's not a lesbian romance, so quit thinking about Shelby woman-handling another wrangler's rack.  I meant "her saddle up on the rack" just like I meant "leaving the keys in the ignition".  Oy.  It's going to be a long month.

4 comments:

Áine said...

My brain is always thinking faster than my fingers can type,atleast I like to think so :)

Anonymous said...

heehee. i can't say that i would be upset at a Lesbian Romance novel.

Daddy Hawk said...

Be thankful you're not trying to do Nanowrimo on a typewriter. Back in the day, I had to wait at the end of each line for the carrier on the Brother electric to catch up to me so I could see how many mistakes I had to back up and fix, and I'm not nearly as fast as my mother. She can type so fast it makes my head hurt.

GunDiva said...

K, My ML (municipal liason) is writing hers on an old manual typewriter - yikes. It is kind of fun to listen to her clacking along, but there's no way I would want to write without any editing abilities. I've gotten way too spoiled with my word processors :)

N, I'm afraid my creative juices don't run deep enough to write a lesbian romance. Sorry to disappoint.