Tuesday, February 23, 2010

True Story Tuesday

Thanks to Rachel and Mr. Daddy over at Once Upon A Miracle for giving me a platform to share this.  Be sure to hop on over to their blog and link up to play along.


This is the sign that greeted us when I hauled RockCrawlinChef's banged up and bruised cookies into Urgent Care on Sunday...

I've been in medicine a long time and I've never come across "Fly Symptoms", unless they look something like this...



Nor do I know what "Sinus Symptons" are.  D'ya s'pose sinus symptons are 2,000 sinus symptoms?

Nor have I ever come across "Upper Respitory Symptoms", and believe me, as a mom of boys, I'm pretty sure that if there was such a thing as a spit symptom (actually, spit would be a sign, but we've already been down that route) I'd've heard about it.

We're not even going to talk about the exuberant use of exclamation points or the missing apostrophes (or the incomplete sentences).

RockCrawlinChef took one look at the sign, looked at me and asked, "And I'm supposed to trust these people?"  I assured him that the physician probably didn't write it, 'cause if he/she did, it would be illegible.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! It's true!!

Allenspark Lodge said...

Laughed my tush off! Of course, I wasn't the one going in to have "medicyns subscribed" for me...
Bill

Michelle Pixie said...

Bwahahaha! Not so sure I would have wanted to enter either?! I wonder how many people have actually walked away because of the sign or worse actually had those symptoms and asked for a mask?!

Crystal @ Semi-Crunchy Mama said...

Too funny! You'd think they'd have someone edit signs that were posted. Someone had to take a peak at that and think "hmmmm...something doesn't look quite right..."

Aunt Crazy said...

First, I'm so glad that Cheif is ok after the accident...whew!

I don't know why but signs like that really really bother me. It just seems so unprofessional.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

That is too funny! (or maybe too sad?) :-)

MommyLisa said...

THAT is funny. Did the hospital cut costs by not purchasing spell check? Maybe?

Foursons said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious and scary at the same time! I guess being literate is not necessary to be employed at your local hospital.

Love that you're my newest follower!

Janet said...

Oh my, that's really bad! And you have to wonder if NOBODY in the entire office noticed any of this???

Anonymous said...

HAHA! I love the last line. So true!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Rachel said...

NO

WAY


That just blows me away... WOW. I would be terrified to have them look me over after seeing that!

Though I do have to laugh that you are a true blogger - you thought to take a picture for the rest of us :)

Thanks for linking up... I still rather stunned!