Monday, November 29, 2010

I Found It!

Way back in July, when I brought my Soda Stream home from filming Horse Master with Julie Goodnight, I said that I wanted to find some Coca-Cola syrup for it.  I hadn't been able to until a week or so ago, when a fellow WriMo saw my bottle and asked if we had a carbonation system of our own.  We got to talking, and it turns out that she and her husband have a Mr. BreakMate carbonation system and that Coke syrup is available through the website and that they just had ordered a case of syrup.  For $10, I procured my own liter of syrup and set about making my own Coke.

The syrup isn't as concentrate as the syrups from Soda Stream, so it took some playing around to make the perfect Coke.  I finally got it figured out; five shots of syrup per bottle of water.  It's a lot, but it's worth it.  Even if I only get ten bottles of Coke out of the deal (which makes it $1.00/bottle), I've saved money.

Not to mention the fact that I'm thrilled to death to be able to make my own Coke!

3 comments:

Mr. Daddy said...

making your own Coke?????


Do I see INTERVENTION, in you future???

just saying...

ROFL

Finding Pam said...

My comment was something along the lines of what Mr.Daddy said.

I gave up the stuff last spring. It is a cool idea though.

Aunt Crazy said...

Can you make me a homemade Dr. Pepper??? If so, I'll be on my way to visit you!!!

p.s. while I'm there, can you teach me to shoot a gun? Oh and ride a horse?

pps...What kind of Texan am I anyway??? Can't shoot, can't ride, can't cook, don't clean...hell, it's a good thing I can earn a living that pays the bills, huh?!?!?!