Friday, July 15, 2011

Y'all, I 'bout peed myself...

It's hot and humid here.  I live in Colorado.  I don't do humidity with my hot.  I just don't.  Come to think of it, I don't do humidity with my cold either.

Anypeeingmyself, bein' as it's hot and humid, I decided I was going to wear a *gasp* dress today - I don't have a lab class today and I can wear flip flops with sundresses.  Win all the way around.  I knew in my little pea-brain which sundress I was going to wear, but when I looked in the closet, I couldn't find it.  It was no where to be found, which is a shame, because it's from a trip to Mexico and they know how to make cool, breatheable sundresses.  Instead, the only coolish dress looking thing I could find was one I hadn't been able to wear in years.  I was certain that there was no way I was going to get into it, but I thought I'd just attempt to pull it on to see how much more I had to lose to get into it.

I unzipped it and stepped into it, so far, so good.

I started to pull it up (fat people learn quickly it's better to step into clothes than pull them over your head - if you get stuck with your head halfway in a garment, you are both screwed and stupid looking).  Again, so far, so good.

Got the arms in the armholes, no panic attack, no binding or constricting...still, so far, so good.

What the hell - go for broke - decided to try the zipper.

Up it went with nary a hitch.  I did have to contort myself to get the zipper up the last two inches, as I dropped the pull-thingy and couldn't reach it, but finally managed.

The last time I wore this dress was easily 2006/2007 and I was twenty pounds lighter.  I never really fell for that bullshit that muscle weighs more than fat, but I'm thinking that I'm living breathing proof right now.  The dress is a little snug around the chesticle area, but that's it.

I was losing motivation to go to the gym - that whole heat/humidity thing is killing me - but the fact that I can get into one of my old favorite dresses had re-ignited my desire to go workout.  Maybe by the time I go to HorseMaster I'll be back in my Wranglers (tried those on a couple of weeks ago - still five pounds to go before they're comfortable).

I'm really bad at taking pictures of myself, so if I can get RCC talked into snapping one later, I'll share it.  Until then, I can't wait until he sees me in this!

7 comments:

Aunt Crazy said...

This is full of the awesome!

Keep on working it, you're doing GREAT!!!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Mr. Daddy said...

Way to go Tel.... Happy Birthday:o)

Rachel said...

WHOO HOO! That is terrific (I was going to say AWESOME, but that seems to be taken in the comments section).

I know all the hard work you put into this. Yes, we need pictures!!

Terry Odell said...

I normally have to pull things on over my head--my hips get in the way otherwise! Humid? When? Where? I was in LA visiting my parents, and it was "very" humid to me. Guess I've become totally acclimated to the Colorado mountains, and have forgotten what real humidity is, even after 30+ years in Florida.

Gabi said...

Congrats! You gotta love those non-scale victories.
Oh, I have totally been that fatass with a too tight dress precariously wrapped around my face with my arms up in the air. I learned pretty quickly to go from the floor up.

Keep up the progress! You'll look awesome in those wranglers. :)

Candance said...

You. Wore. A. Dress. Cause. You. Wanted. To.

I am tearing up right now.

And, we've been over 40 days with temps over 100 down here. Soon, we're just all gonna be nekkid.