Sunday, July 31, 2011

3rd Blogiversary

I can't believe it; it's been three years (and a couple of days) since I started this blog.  It's kind of developed it's own life over the span of 445 posts.  Last year, I had a post full of randomness and the year before I didn't even celebrate my blogiversary.

So, for this year, I thought I'd re-post my first ever post, but then remembered that I'd already done that (though it would be very appropriate considering I'm leaving tomorrow for HorseMaster).  Since that's already been done, I went with my second ever post.  I'm certain that something like 86 of you have never read it; my only followers were Mom and Bill, Deejo, and RCC at that time.  So, for your reading pleasure (I hope), here's my second ever post.

An Engagement Story



The weekend after I returned from Salida, the best thing I could have ever wished for happened...RockCrawlinChef  (RCC) proposed. I'm about a month late posting this, but here it is...


While I was in Salida, Jim and Monster got into a huge fight and Jim kicked Monster out of the house. Luckily, Digger stayed at home and so Monster had someone at my place with him. Well, on Wednesday, RCC took the boys to dinner and took Monster to Jim's house to pick up his stuff. Saturday night Jim finally called to talk to me about what happened and, of course, his story about what had happened changed. RCC heard the conversation and got really quiet. When I asked him what was wrong he said that he wasn't sure it was the right decision to take Monster to Jim's house to pick up his stuff, especially after hearing the conversation between Jim and me. So we had this whole other conversation about never second guessing what your heart tells you is the right thing at the time.

RCC was quiet and after a few minutes jumped out of bed (all of our major decisions have been made while naked) and my heart just sank. Those damn ghosts from the ex-boyfriend appear occasionally. He went to his dresser and looked at me and said, 'this is either the most appropriate or most inappropriate time, but...' I just KNEW he'd come to his senses and was going to break things off. I was absofuckinglutely terrified - my whole fairy tale romance was gone. I know that I had to have gone completely white just waiting for the other shoe to drop. And then it got worse, I could tell that he wanted to say something but couldn't. Christ, I was a mess. Once he opened his mouth, he said a bunch of stuff that I don't remember, but I do remember him returning to the side of the bed and getting down on one knee, opening the ring box, saying a few more things (blah, blah, blah, blah - the lips were moving, sound was coming out, but I have no freakin' clue what he was saying) and then finally getting to the good stuff, 'GunDiva, will you marry me?'

Wow.

180 degrees from what I was expecting! I cried like a little girl and I'm pretty sure I asked him repeatedly if he was sure and if this was for real. I couldn't even touch the ring for, like, 20 minutes. I was afraid if I touched it that it would disappear. Once it started to sink in, he put the ring on my finger (which fit perfectly - amazing since he really had no clue about my ring size) and I cried some more. We're not planning on getting married for a while (think next year), but I'm certainly loving the promotion from 'girlfriend' to 'fiance' (or is it 'fiancee'? I can never remember).

Wow, huh?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww...that is awesome! I love engagement stories! Have fun coming down to my half of the state - will you be western or eastern slope?

Rachel said...

Love that! You should get RCC to fill in the blanks after-the-fact as to what else he said as part of that proposal? :)

And I LOVE that picture of you two!

Mrs. Mom said...

Awwwwww!!


Gotta love those nekkid talks and decisions ;)