Thursday, January 2, 2014

I Have a New Favorite T.V. Show

I'm not replacing The Walking Dead as my all-time favorite show, let's not get crazy.

I'm going to go ahead and blame Mom and Bill for this new T.V. show even though I bet they've never seen it.  I was in high school when they got married and that was the beginning of their mental decline. They moved us into an old farmhouse rich with history built in 1879.  The kitchen floor was completely rotten through, when you walked on it, you could feel it squish beneath your feet.  That was the first time I questioned their sanity, though we know is is far from the last time.

But I *loved* that house.  Loved it.  It was the beginning of my love affair with old houses.  I love the history, and the "quirks" that each old house has. When they bought the Lodge, they bought a "new" house, as the lodge was built in 1933 and we all know how beautiful the Lodge is.

I never had the opportunity to buy an old house, but I want one so bad I can almost taste it.  Currently, Jay and I live in an apartment in what used to be an old hotel, built in 1903.  I love our exposed brick and heat from big radiators in each room.  Yes, it can get cold.  When we had our really cold snap in November, we had a hard time getting the apartment over 64*F, but we just put on more layers and grumbled a little bit.

Love of old houses rubbed off on Nebalee, too.  Her house was built in 1890 and is small, but full of character.

I had to tell you all of that so I could tell you that my new favorite T.V. show is Rehab Addict with Nicole Curtis.  She takes old homes and uses reclaimed materials to bring them back to their former glory.

When we win the PowerBall, we're sooooo buying an old, run-down home and re-doing it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa! I was just channel surfing and saw that on the list and thought, "Wonder what that show is?" Didn't watch it but will now.

Daddy Hawk said...

Love me some old houses too. Craftsman style bungalos in particular. Had a chance at rare for Texas two story with basement that was built in the 1930s that was gorgeous. The owner accepted an offer from a non-profit before I could get a hold of a realtor. That counts, right?

Leiah said...

We LOVE Nicole and watch her all the time. My old office in Texas was in a house built in 1915 and had a ghost. It was both awesome and frightening at the same time.

Daddy Hawk said...

I just saw a couple of episodes last night. You are right. Awesome show.

GunDiva said...

I kinda want to be her when I grow up.

Allenspark Lodge said...

Well, if we watched TV shows, you know where we would be!
Mom