Sunday, March 23, 2014

Adventures in Baking #87930

I was almost afraid to try a new recipe after the disaster that was the Royal Blue Velvet Cupcakes.

By and large, I'm not a fan of "flour-less" anything, but this recipe for Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Cooking Classy caught my eye.  Even if the recipe wasn't any good, how bad could peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies be?  And with only six ingredients, not even I could screw it up.

So far, so good.

They look pretty good right out of the oven.
I got cocky with the second batch in the oven.  The directions say to let the cookies sit for five minutes before moving them to the cooling rack.  With the first batch, I only let them sit for about a minute and a half and them moved them and didn't have any problems.  When the second batch came out of the oven, I just tried to slip them onto the cooling rack.


It was a very bad idea.  They're not pretty, but they are tasty and only took a few minutes to make.  The longest part of the whole process was the ten minutes in the oven. 

1 comment:

Allenspark Lodge said...

This recipe came at such an opportune time; we had guests due, one of which declared a "gluten & dairy allergy". I was trying to decide between gluten-free crackers or my normal chocolate chip cookies as the afternoon treat when this recipe showed up via email. Wow - let's give them a try. I used extra-chunky peanut butter and they turned out great; will probably be a common item here now. The guests LOVED them and asked for the recipe! Thanks kid.
Mom