Monday, February 5, 2018

Face Routine - What's That?

Until last November, my face care consisted of clear water in the shower. I so rarely wear make-up that each time I do, I have to go buy new stuff because it dries out between usages. I figured that clear water was just fine. I mean, I actually have pretty good skin for being an old-ish broad.

It's not that I haven't tried to take care of my face, it's just that everything seemed so cumbersome and the warnings were dire - you had to use all of these specific products and you could never, ever stop using them or your face would shrivel up like an old apple and fall off.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't that bad, but that's how I felt. I'm not even sure how I went from sampling hand lotion when I bought hay to falling face-first into the Posh lifestyle.

Wait ... yes, I do. I bought the stocking stuffers from my hay lady, found out that Momma Fargo became a consultant and purchased a Big Fat Yummy Hand Creme (BFYHC) from her (My Hands are Thai'd, I believe). I loved the BFYHC, because it didn't leave my hands greasy, but I also didn't need to reapply it a million times throughout the day.

Included in my order was a sample of BFF (Best Face Forever). I held onto the sample for a while; a lot of times facial exfoliants were too abrasive and dried my skin out. I kind of hung out in the Posh group I was in, and heard amazing things about BFF, so I decided one day to give it a try. Rather than try to replicate my initial reaction to BFF, I thought I'd just paste my original thoughts below:
"I've heard great things about BFF from people who've used it, but I wasn't too excited about it because usually exfoliating face scrubs are awful on my face - it's like using rough grit sandpaper.

I got a sample of BFF and decided to use it today.

Oh. My. God. Where has this been my whole life?

I didn't feel like I was using a circular sander on my face, and the spearmint (I think that's what is in it) was so soothing and cooling. It did gently exfoliate my problem areas and my face feels so nice and smooth.

I was afraid that once I got out of the shower and dried off, that my face would feel tight and dry, but it doesn't."
I pretty much still feel this way about BFF, and started adding things into my routine. My next purchase was the Never Grow Up serum for my developing crow's feet. One thing led to another, and I added in Moisture 911. Two weeks later, I was compelled to add this to the Posh page I was on:
"Ok, so I've been using BFF and Never Grow Up serum for about two weeks. I do not use it as directed. I use the BFF every other day (every day makes my face sensitive), and the NGU every day. This past week, I started adding in Moisture 911.

I don't know that I've SEEN a difference in my face, but I definitely FEEL a difference. The skin on my face is so smooth and soft, and the dry, flaky skin on each side of my nose is gone.

I was afraid that adding in the Moisture 911 would be too much, that it would make my face feel greasy, since most moisturizers do, but it hasn't. It has been a nice addition to my new face ritual (remember, I've never had a face routine).

Part of me wishes I'd taken before pictures to compare with, but I hate the camera so much and I was afraid there wouldn't be any visible change. For now, I'm super happy with the textural change in the skin on my face.

The only problem I see with these products is that it will be a while before I have to replace the products - a little goes a long way! That's great for my bank account, but maybe not so great for Posh, as my refill orders will only be every 3-4 months, if not longer."
I'm actually surprised that I've been able to keep this up, and I think it's because my face feels so good. Three months. That's how long I've managed to keep this up, and frankly, I'm astounded.

Many people report that they've seen blemishes and sun spots fade using the BFF/Moisture 911 combo, and I thought I couldn't say that. I'm prone to keratinized pores - they look like whiteheads, but are really a build up of keratin in the pore, so they're hard, white bumps. I just figured I had to live with them. Every five or ten years, I'd get mad and dig them out, but they always returned. I realized about three weeks ago that the one I had on the side of my nose had completely disappeared, and the one on my chin that I'd dug out about the time I started using Posh has not reappeared.

It seems every few weeks, I add something new to my routine. I used to be able to get up at 7:00 a.m., be showered, and out of the house by 7:30 a.m. That doesn't quite happen any more, honestly, because it takes me just a bit longer to get ready. I now need 45 minutes to get out of the house, but I'm okay with that simply because I feel better. The great thing is that if I'm running late, I can just wash with BFF, put on some Moisture 911 and feel good about still taking care of my face.

1 comment:

Momma Fargo said...

Aw...I'm so glad the products are working for you and you feel good about it! I hope they continue to make you happy and pampered. Thank you for supporting me and my venture!