Friday, October 29, 2010

I *Can* Cook

Though to hear my kids tell, not well.  Whatever.  They wouldn't eat anything but macaroni and cheese and Ramen noodles anyway.

When Mrs Mom and her husband and the BrownEyed Cowgirls visited last weekend, I stole RCC's chicken parmesean recipe and attempted it all by my lonesome.  Lest you all say you don't believe it, here is the photographic evidence.






Okay, so I'm not a food photographer; it doesn't look as good as it tasted.  I surprised even myself pulling this off.  I told RCC over and over again not to worry about it, I couldn't screw it up too badly (even though I didn't truly believe that I could do it without screwing up).  You know the phrase, "fake it 'til you make it"?  Yeah, that's exactly what I did.

I've always made RCC make this before, but since he taught me how to do it, I can now do it whenever I feel like it!

8 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

And it was GOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

Hard to believe that was a week ago already Diva. *sigh*

Allenspark Lodge said...

I had leftovers for the next two days (she forgot to take them home). They were great COLD, too!
Bill

Mr. Daddy said...

Yes!!! and the Pepsi products in the pictures lend a true touch of elegance and class...*snicker*

just saying.......

RCC is holding out on you me thinks, shouldn't he have suggested a better wine like beverage to go with this scrumptious looking feast?????

Rachel said...

Umm... Mr. Daddy? You're the one that doesn't even LIKE wine??? The man would have had a cup of milk and a million peanut M&M's for dinner.

That looks delish GunDiva!

And it made me a bit wistful to see the lodge!

Finding Pam said...

I love your kitchen and that big gas stove. Here we are all electric. Looks like a fabulous meal you made.

I cooked meat loaf, fresh squash,zuchini,onions,green beans and carrots with a nice rice dish. I took half of it to a friend for her supper. She has been in the hospital for three months. I know she was glad to have some real food.

GunDiva said...

Mr. Daddy - there's no way Mrs and Mr Mrs Mom would have been able to hold their liquor at that altitude.

Pam - not my kitchen. It's my mom's at her B&B. My kitchen is disgusting and unfit to cook it. It's huge with no counter/work space. Mom at least laid hers out so it's useable.

I Wonder Wye said...

Looks yummy to me! And I have a cold today so little appetite! We have a nonprofit Sanctuary for wild mustangs (wingspur.org) I thought you'd be curious since you love horses too.

Mrs. Mom said...

LMAO Mrs Mom can't hold a drop of liquor at sea level. Hate to see what would have happened up there....!!!