Saturday, February 4, 2012

500!

I'm not sure what I thought I'd accomplish when I started blogging.  I initially did it to keep my girls in the loop as my life was rapidly changing (betcha didn't know that Robs and Staci).  I had met RCC, traveled down south to be on Horse Master with Julie Goodnight, and life was moving super fast.

I had no idea the blogosphere was its own community when I started.  I never expected to meet so many amazing people who I now consider friends. I certainly never intended to branch out into having so many different blogs.

People who don't blog, don't get it.  They don't understand how bloggy friendships are every bit as real as "real life" friendships.  But they are.  The community is as strong as any neighborhood community; we draw together to celebrate successes and mourn losses.  There's not a "support group" out there any stronger than the blogging community.

I can't imagine not blogging, not checking in on my friends, so I was a little surprised to see my number of posts hit 500.  For this blog.  Not quite there on my other ones.  And 500 over a three-year period of time isn't that many.  There are far more dedicated bloggers who post almost every day and have a whole lot more posts than I do, but this is a hell of a milestone for me.

So...I thought I'd look back over the last 500 posts and my life as a blogger.

  • My first non-family followers were: T!nk (he doesn't run a blog anymore, but I still love him and talk to him ocassionally), Shepherd K, and Momma Fargo.
  • My first blog post was about my experiences at Horse Master.
  • Post number 100: Busy Day and A Big Goal Met, written during my very first NaNoWriMo
  • Post number 200: Winners!, I gave away a copy of each of Tara's CRAZY/LOOSE books to celebrate my 200th post.  She's since completed the series.
  • Post number 300: The Monday Minute, boy, those were fun.
  • Post number 400: Perspective, written just last year about my weight battle.
  • And of all of my posts, the one that continually gets the most hits and comments is the one about RCC's epiploic appendagitis.  Go figure.
  • I was trying to figure out if I had a favorite post and the one that popped immediately into mind was this one.
If this milestone hadn't snuck up on me, I would have organized another give-away.  Sorry about that; I kinda dropped the ball there.  But please know, all of you, that I'm glad you spend a little bit of time with me each day and I'm honored to consider you friends.

6 comments:

Daddy Hawk said...

Congrats. I'm only a year and 250 posts behind you. Keep it up.

Allenspark Lodge said...

You drug us into it and it has been a lot of fun! Love the blogging community.
Mom

Mrs. Mom said...

xoxooxo

I'll blow shit up for you tomorrow ;)

Mr. Daddy said...

"people who don't blog, don't get it" yep you are right on here :o)

So glad Rach found you guys.

Rachel said...

Too funny... my husband quoted the exact same line I was going to.

Who kept me company in a deserted snowbound hospital waiting room? Who kept me distracted and howling over elbutt pictures while I wanted to curl up and have a pity party?
And who didn't make me feel one bit lesser for being deaf when we finally did get to meet in person?

That "blog" friend.

Thank you for being that REAL support to me. For checking in and reminding me that you care.

Congrats on 500!

Aunt Crazy said...

WOW!!! Yay you!!! Congrats!