Tuesday, November 13, 2012

How Did This Happen?

How did it get to be almost Thanksgiving already?

I mean, seriously?

It's next. freakin. week.

Wow.

*shaking head*

Anyway, remember this kid?

CJ
Yep, that's CJ.  He and Ashinator split ways a while ago.  I was devastated.  I love that kid.  I feel like we've been through a lot together, what with his crazy-ass mother and all.

He finally escaped the clutches of his evil mother and joined the Navy.  He's officially a corpsman now and off to California to hook up with the Marines.

I totally stole this picture from his FB page.
But, he did make time to go out to lunch when he was home last week.  He's got a girlfriend (I'm in denial, BTW, never mind they've been together like nine months now) and is thriving in the Navy.

I do love this kid and it might seem weird that I went out to lunch with my daughter's ex-boyfriend, but it was so good to see him. Especially knowing how rough his teenage years were.  He and the kids are still close; Ashinator and CJ text each other frequently and the boys still think of him as part of the family.  As sad as I am that he and Ash aren't together anymore, I'm happy that they've found some way to still be a part of each other's lives.

It does my heart good to see him all grow'd up and doing so well.

It does my heart even better to know that he survived having that crazy bitch for a mother :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He was so lucky to have a surrogate mother. Even though he isn't officially a part of your family, he will always have a place in your heart.

Rachel said...

Ditto what Michelle said. Having a REAL mom there for him probably helped him figure things out and be where he's at today. That is cool - whether he's dating in your family or not. You pretty much rock.